When you’re a contractor, communication is everything. Whether you’re trying to reach your client about some changes to the plans or you need to get ahold of one of your team members, you’ll want the right source of communication.
There are a variety of systems to use during your time on the job, but the best way to know which is right for your particular industry is by consulting a full-service telecommunications company to guide you in the right direction.
At Metropolitan Communications, we’re here to assist contractors throughout Bucks County, Montgomery County, Delaware County, and Chester County, PA, with their communication solutions and needs. Keep reading to learn more about our telecommunications company and how we can help you!
Bi-Directional Amplifier (BDAs) Solutions for Contractors
There’s nothing that can hinder getting the job done or the right message out than a dropped call, static and white noise, or even dead zones. Depending on the building or site, there may be a lack of a strong signal which can affect the timely delivery of equipment and tools or helping your team find the location if it’s off the beaten path.
Ensuring a strong signal is crucial to the entire team, so to combat any communication issues, Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDAs) can be helpful. These systems essentially boost signals, which can be very valuable at certain sites, particularly newer buildings with dense concrete walls, subterranean levels, or just simply poor connections.
Whether it’s phone or Wi-Fi connectivity, BDAs can help you maintain a strong connection between wireless devices. Our telecommunications technicians can help you achieve a stronger connection through BDA solutions. Not only will they install the systems, but they’ll also give you a step-by-step tutorial on the basic procedures, functionality, and how you can get the most out of your system.
Telecommunication Solutions for Philly and DE Area Contractors
Having a stable phone line is crucial for taking on new business, especially if you have a base of operations with numerous team members handling the odds and ends while you’re out on the job.
Whether your business is new or you’re looking to improve your inter-office communication, having our telecommunications company install your lines can ensure stable contact from home base to the job site.
Our telecommunication technicians will help you establish your company’s phone line while setting up the systems that you’ll need to handle current workloads and take on new clients. These systems include:
- Call routing to your mobile phone
- Management information systems
- Digital recording systems
- Records management
Radio Dealer Solutions
Sometimes, the most effective form of communication on a job site is through the use of two-way radio systems. Signals are generally strong and direct, and this line of back-and-forth communication can be very helpful when questions need answering in real-time.
This can be particularly effective when utilizing heavy equipment on job sites. You’ll be able to communicate with the driver, so you can each have a clear understanding of where to allocate equipment or where certain materials must be transported to.
Since Metropolitan Communications’ technicians are certified with radio dealer solutions, they’ll be able to help you set up the right channels and communication systems to ensure direct contact. They’ll even go over the various brands of two-way radio communications, so you can learn more about which system and brand is best for your business and workload.
Cell Phones vs Two-Way Radios
It’s no secret that cell phones are the most common form of telecommunication today. They’re advanced in their capabilities and features, but are they the best for your workforce when it’s time to get the job done?
Let’s take a look at a few differences between cell phones and two-way radios:
- Cell phones can be expensive just for the device. They also require contracts with a provider for monthly payments, as well as add-ons for any data or additional features. There are also significant costs for any types of repairs or replacements.
- Two-way radios are a one-time payment, which is cost effective. There are no additional fees for any contracts.
- Cell phones can break easily due to their glass screens, as well as their frame. They can also be irreparably damaged if they’re dropped in water.
- Two-way radios feature a durable exoskeleton that makes them impervious to drops, impacts, and even submersions.
- While cellphones offer plenty of capabilities, they can also lead to worker distraction with their many different features such as social media apps or games.
- Two-way radios are a great way to eliminate distraction because their sole function is communication. By removing entertainment elements, they’re able to adopt a simplified format that also makes them easy to use.
- Because cell phones have added features—some irrelevant to the workday—they’re not always the most efficient choice in an emergency situation.
- Since two-way radios offer one major function that doesn’t require much attention or focus to access, calls can be made easily while the bulk of a worker’s attention is focused on the task at hand. Since it’s so quick to make calls with them, too, they’re also ideal in emergencies.
- When cell phones are relatively new, their battery can last for a long time. However, with age and several different apps running, the battery could drain and require constant charges.
- Two-way radio batteries are designed to last 14–16 hours, which is longer than the average workday. They’ll be able to last through the day and be charged up for the next with ease.
Our Two-Way Radios for Sale
Contractors in PA and DE who are in need of the best two-way radios in the business can take comfort in the fact that we carry top-of-the-line Motorola Two-Way radios. These radios offer some impressive functions and are reliable at providing you and your team with a direct line of communication. Whether it’s a companywide message or simply sending notifications to a specific team member, you can easily rely on these radios.
We carry a few notable Motorola Two-Way radio products like:
- APX P25 Mobile & Portable Radios: These radios are the right choice for contractors looking for simple communicators for their team. They have an easy one-touch interface that allows you to send your message across clearly. They’re highly durable, so they can withstand tough environments.
- Durable exoskeleton designed to withstand impacts and pressure.
- Clarity with sending and receiving calls.
- APX400H P25 Portable Radios: The APX400H line is designed for the tough jobs and even the tougher environments. They includes a reinforced exoskeleton to help the radio withstand impacts and falls. The dual-microphone system results in a superior audio profile that eliminates background noise to ensure that you’re heard with perfect clarity.
- These radios feature an external receiver and belt clip, so you can access the speaker easily while on assignment.
- Tested by the military in some of the world’s harshest environments
Continuous Wireless Communication Service for You
Having a strong line of communication is crucial when you’re a contractor communicating with a client over potential changes or challenges or when you simply need to get an update to your team.
There are several mediums you can choose for your contracting business, whether it’s BDAs to boost your wireless connections, telecommunications for direct contact to your headquarters, or two-ways for your team on the job.
However, like most industries, there can be expected interruptions or issues with your systems, whether it’s a simple error or even weather-related impact. Getting communications back up and running is imperative, and that’s why our telecommunications technicians are here for you, so you can keep your dialogue open.
Our team of technicians will carefully inspect your system and run diagnostics to determine the cause of the problem. Sometimes, they may be caused by a weak connection that requires boosting or there may be an issue with the overall setup of your system. Whatever the issue may be, our team will make sure that you get your comms back up, so you can go about your workday uninterrupted.
Why Choose Metropolitan Communications?
There are plenty of communications companies out there that can pick out a telecommunications or BDA system for your business. But at the end of the day, they’re just there to sell you a communications system.
At Metropolitan Communications, we’re here for you long after your system is set up. On top of the level of dedication we provide with the setup and design of your communications system, we’re always a resource for you when you have a question or a concern about your system.
We have more than 60 years of experience with setting up communications systems for a variety of industries. Given our knowledge, experience, and expertise, we’re your partner in all things wireless communications.
We offer 24/7 service contracts, so should an issue arise with your system, we’ll be there to help—no matter the time or day. Communication is important for every business—it’s how things get done. That’s why we’re always available to help you.
We’ll send a certified radio technician to you, diagnose the issue, and determine the cause. They’ll work to get your signal back or improve the connection of your communications, so your workday can continue without any problems.
Connect with Us for Your Wireless Communications Needs
Are you looking for BDA solutions, telecommunication designs, or two-way radio systems? You can always contact us, at Metropolitan Communications, to request a quote or to get started on designing and installing your system today!
We’re proud to be a communications company and resource for contractors all throughout Southeastern PA as well as New Castle County, DE; Gloucester, NJ; and Camden County, NJ.