Having a reliable form of communication is paramount to getting your commercial construction project done on deadline. For those building throughout Bucks County, Montgomery County, Chester County, Delaware County, and the greater Philadelphia area, two-way radios can help ensure your team operates like a well-oiled machine.
At Metropolitan Communications, we’re here to help construction companies and workers in these areas, as well as throughout Gloucester, and Camden, NJ, and New Castle County, DE, learn the importance of two-way radios while on the job.
The Need for Two-Way Radios on the Job Site
There are a lot of moving parts on a commercial construction site. Whether you’re renovating or building from the ground up, there are several teams you rely on. Each with their own unique focus who are coming together to achieve a common goal. The best way to ensure that everything is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible is to directly communicate.
Having two-way radios on the job site allows you to convey direct messages in real time. You can check the status of different areas, like what’s going on at the top of the building you’re working on from down below or even coordinate deliveries. If an urgent issue pops up, you can send the message to the right team to address it and prevent it from causing a major hiccup in your progress.
When you have two-way radios on site, you can:
- Send urgent messages
- Receive updates about upcoming deliveries
- Coordinate teams to divert efforts to a pressing matter
- Contact specific teams on different channels
The Types of Two-Way Radios We Offer
Motorola Two-Way Radios are arguably the best in the business—the gold standard. Our team is certified with these radios, so you’ll be in great hands. We can suggest the right radio based on the type of work your team does. There are two major models that we offer that differ in some of their style and functionality.
- APX P25 Portable & Mobile Radios: If you’re looking for a classic two-way radio that’s reliable and easy to use, the APX P25 Portable & Mobile Radios are a top choice. They’re highly durable and have a one-touch interface that allows you to send a message right away or to easily switch channels to contact a different team.
- Features a highly durable exoskeleton.
- One-touch system makes sending calls easy and direct.
- APX4000H P25 Portable Radios: When you’re on the job with your hands full, the APX4000H P25 Portable Radios may be the right tool for you. It features a handheld receiver that makes it easy to send a message without having to unclip it from your belt. It also features a strong construction designed for the tough jobs.
- Includes a durable exoskeleton that’s military tested in the world’s harshest environments.
- Handheld receiver makes it easy to send or receive calls while you’re busy or you’re at a high elevation during multi-story builds.
- Features a dual-microphone system that eliminates background noise, so you can hear and be heard with crisp clarity.
Cell Phones vs Two-Way Radios
It’s no secret that cell phones are the most common form of communications around the world. With Bluetooth® technology, it makes it easier to make and receive calls from the road. Today’s phones even offer text messaging and access to the internet and email, providing several different lines of communication.
Smart phones also allow you to may payments either online or in-store. There are security measures in place with face recognition and passcodes. However, if you need to get your call out immediately, these security features could prevent you from passing on the message instantly.
Two-way radios are a more reliable form of communication for the job site. There’s no passcodes or facial recognition to prevent you from making a call instantly. There’s also no security risk if you lose it, because you don’t have private information stored on your radio.
Radios also are better in terms of connection since smartphones can lose reception or be inactive in dead zones. Since two-way radios use radio waves, the signal is always strong and uninterrupted. Lastly, cell phones can be pricey and require contracts and monthly payments. Motorola Two-Way Radios are inexpensive and simply require a one-time payment.
Two-Way Radio Maintenance & Service
If there’s an issue with your radio, you’ll want to make sure you address it and take care of it as soon as possible to prevent any team members from being out of the loop with important messages. This can be problematic for overnight crews if an issue arises and repairs or service is needed to the radio.
Luckily, we offer service contracts that are available 24/7, so no matter what time of night or day of the week, you’ll be able to get the necessary service to your two-way radio system. These certified technicians will diagnose the issue and develop a course of action to make sure that your two-way radio gets the service and repairs that it needs, so it can function properly and that no message gets lost during your workday!
Why Partner with Our Two-Way Radio Experts?
At Metropolitan Communications, we have more than 60 years of telecommunications experience collectively. Our team is dedicated to helping you find the right systems for your business or industry in the realm of commercial construction, so your teams can function as efficient as possible.
Our experts will even set your two-way radio systems up and walk you through their functionality and channels, so you’ll become well versed with how they can work for your commercial construction site! Contact us today for a free quote!
Our team at Metropolitan Communications is here to help construction workers and companies throughout Bucks County, Chester County, Montgomery County, Delaware County, and Philadelphia, so they can tackle the job sites in their area with confidence. We’re also here for the construction community in Gloucester, and Camden County, NJ, and New Castle County, DE!